Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello, 2012!

I am a slacker.

At least when it comes to updating this thing, indeed I am. I have been busy otherwise, with baking and cooking, working on my first quilt (ran out of cloth and still need to buy batting), sewing other projects (I made my first dog collar last night and it's adorable!), and putting away all traces of the 2011 holidays.

I still need to learn how to edit photos from mobile uploads but I suspect I'll end up using my DSLR more often since the picture quality on my phone is terrible. It's very grainy, vintage 70s colouring with faded tones in the wrong spots and that's without even trying to make it look that way, ala retro photo apps and editing.

I also ordered business cards from VistaPrint. Not that I plan on using this site as a business, but simply so that when I gift something I make, I can stick one of those cards in with the package. I think I picked a design that's playful and whimsical enough to match the intent of what I'm doing here, and soon I'll update the banner and background to match. Oh, and I made a Twitter account for this site as well.

I guess I'm making this official then. But there is so much to do, so much to update, blog pages to create, css sheets to design for the functionality of this site. That's also not counting everything I'm trying to keep up with in my offline life.

One thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment