Saturday, January 14, 2012

Creative brainstorming

My tiny apartment has not yet recovered from the holidays.

I live in a small 850 ft.² flat in suburban San Diego with my husband, two teenage sons, and our German Shepherd dog. So you can imagine how cramped we are in this tiny space, but I am slowly starting to weed through things to narrow down the amount of stuff we have. While I do that, I am attempting to beautify it and finally make things feel a little more permanent. We have been in this unit now for just over a year, so I feel as if I can finally relax enough now to make our space feel a bit more personable.

So with that in mind, the projects I am thinking of working on include:
  • Curtains for the living room, kitchen, and both bedrooms
  • Wall art
  • Redoing or replacing the bookshelf
  • Tablecloth and center table runners
Other projects I want to conquer this year in arts and crafts include:
  • More quilting (starting with finishing the one I first worked on a couple of days after Christmas
  • Refrigerator magnets
  • Hair bows and clips
  • Dog collars and matching leash
  • Make another kimono for myself
  • Beaded jewelry
I am also taking a ceramics class at the community college, so I will soon have pottery in the picture.

Other projects I have in mind for the house:
  • Replace old bakeware (need new baking sheets)
  • Restock baking supplies (baking cups, piping bags, parchment paper)
  • Refinish the oak and leather bar my parents got from Uncle Mark long long ago
  • Beautify the bedrooms
  • Replace old clothing that's too small and donate the old to charity
The only thing I need now is money, so I am saving up like crazy. But I am so very excited to be starting these projects and getting back in touch with my creative side. I will be documenting as best as I can with my Nikon, so hopefully the shutterbug in me gets a good workout from all of this as well. I have decided to let my LiveJournal account go to unpaid status and I will instead start subscribing to Flickr pro services. It will give me a better excuse to utilize my Flickr account more.

To top off a perfect Friday the 13th, I got my cards from VistaPrint in the mail! So now whenever I gift something I make by hand, whether it be a potluck item or a hand crafted item, I will have a card to dispense with it. It makes me feel fancy and official, which I know is a silly thing but life is short and I'm entering middle age, so if I want to feel fancy and official I think I'm allowed.

We don't judge here at PP. It's all in the name of playful, fun, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment