Sunday, March 3, 2013

So it's been awhile

I started this blog with the highest of hopes, because it would force me to practice my hands at the arts I love the most, most notably photography and culinary arts. I'm not formally trained in anything, just a girl stumbling along, documenting the learning process.

Then last year, my father died. I shut down. From that dark day in June until after New Years 2013, I don't remember much about anything.

Arts wise, I continued with my ceramics class and made a beautiful garden lantern as well as a whimsical teapot set, both of which I will post about later, and I also took an entry level drawing class, which has helped me immensely.

I am now in a place where I feel less vulnerable about the death of my father, and I think I'm where I can start sharing again. I take each day one at a time, and I make sure that I am taking care of myself as well. Dad's death nearly killed me. I was in horrible physical and mental shape immediately afterwards. I'm much better now, in a beget head space as well as over the initial bout of grief that comes after the death of somebody so close.

I also started eating a ketogenic diet, which is a variant of a low carb diet, so I'll have more recipes to share as I experiment with low carb variations of foods I like.

2013 is a promising year, and I look forward to expanding my horizons and documenting the learning process.

Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment